Tuesday

cons and pros


Here are the cons: I knew it was time to leave "the office" when I...

1) started to wear noise cancelling earphones all day long
2) gained 30 lbs and elastic waistbands and black clothing became my friends
3) clockwatched (click photo the photo of Parker and Toni and if you like a good office/indie movie, rent it)
4) cared and got offended about the fact that there's such a thing as office politics
5) got busted crying over personal matters beyond my control (death of a loved one included)
6) realized I should have been keeping a log and recording conversations

Pros: All was well because I...

1) was allowed to wear noise cancelling earphones all day long
2) had okay health insurance
3) worked across the street from a nice Starbucks
4) learned a thing or two about people
5) actually don't care that they heard/saw me
6) can't think of a pro, I really should have done that

For ten years I worked there to pay most of the bills (thanks to my mom's generosity, she was proud of me and showed me so by making sure all of my ends were met $)...a lot of people would love to have an opportunity to work a steady schedule (M-F, 8-5 give or take) but it was becoming the death of me.
It may not seem like it by some of the content in this blog but I rarely think about the place anymore. The more time passes, the less I remember about my time there and for that I'm grateful. The thirty pounds are now gone, my nerves are much more steady and Starbucks is just a car ride away.

No comments: